TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCASTS | AMAZON MUSIC
On this episode of The Inventory Nation Podcast we’re learning about how to take a strategic look at everything on our ledgers, from COGs to employee expenses to the shortfalls too many practices experience as a result of underpricing common procedures like basic exams.
- Lindsey’s Story: Thanks to an entry-level receptionists’ job, a tug of interest in becoming a veterinarian blossomed into a passion for managing vet practices!
- Thoughts on keeping inventory pricing competitive with online pharmacies
- Starting or acquiring a practice? It’s your moment to set (and increase or hold steady) pricing based in actual analytics and historical data going forward.
- Reports and Info that Practices Should Regularly Review
- How Lindsey (and her partner/husband) structure their consulting
- Top Tips for Your Pricing Strategy
- Recession Action Plan: Ideas for Times of Uncertainty
MEET LINDSEY MCMAKIN
Lindsey brings with her 22 years of experience in the veterinary industry. She managed a practice in the Upstate of SC for 15 years and has been consulting since 2015. Having completed the American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) Veterinary Management School in 2006 and AAHA’s Veterinary Management Institute in 2008, Lindsey received a certificate in Veterinary Practice Administration.
She then went on to earn an MBA from North Greenville University in 2012 and became a Certified Veterinary Practice Manager in August 2021 through the Veterinary Hospital Managers Association (VHMA). Lindsey’s passion is to come alongside existing staff and teach them the “whys” and “hows” so each team member is empowered to realize his or her full potential. The insight she has gained from working diverse roles in a clinical setting allows her to develop practical and individualized business plans that meet client’s needs.
LINKS + RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- VISN: https://www.veterinaryisn.com/
- Inventory Ally – Inventory Management Software: https://inventoryally.com/
- Free Resources: www.vetlogic.co/education