TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCASTS | AMAZON MUSIC
Welcome to the two-year anniversary of The Inventory Nation Podcast! It’s amazing to see a little experiment that started off as a way to stay connected during Covid19 lockdown blossom into a thriving community of support. Host Nicole Clausen continues sharing ideas and strategies for optimizing veterinary practices with a look at ways to integrate inventory management into our practice information management systems (or PiMS).
- Yes you can! It’s definitely possible to manage your inventory through your veterinary Practice Information Systems (PiMS) — with a small caveat …
- Some PiMS inventory modules aren’t fully functional or the process is overly complicated to manage; other systems offer nothing at all.
- If your PiMS lacks inventory functions, give yourself grace! You’re not alone!
- The inventory piece of PiMS often lacks much in the way of training, which is why Nicole offers individualized hands-on training if you’d like a little extra help.
- Your practice’s inventory can indeed be managed via PiMS, especially with the support of members of the Veterinary Inventory Strategy Network community!
- Step One is building your system on a solid foundation. Setup and optimization out of the gate are key to long-term inventory accuracy and success.
MEET NICOLE CLAUSEN
Hi, I’m Nicole Clausen and I started Veterinary Care Logistics with the dream of changing the way we manage inventory together.
With 14+ years of experience in the veterinary industry, I have worked in several positions from receptionist to operations manager for several different hospitals.
While no two practices are ever just alike, I noticed one common problem: a lack of inventory management and control.
If you are tasked with managing inventory, I understand first-hand the challenges you face.
When I first started managing inventory, I struggled with the same things that many of my client’s experience: a to-do list up my chin and a pretty persistent case of imposter syndrome. But jolting awake in the middle of the night, wondering if you remembered to order rabies vaccines is no way to live.
I knew something had to change.
Veterinary Care Logistics was born out of the demand by several industry leaders to utilize my inventory system as a model throughout the country. Whenever I tell people what I do, I usually get a puzzled reaction: “Why would you want to do that? I hate inventory!” Truthfully, I love the puzzles, the numbers, and the strategies of inventory. But what really sets my soul on fire is creating lightbulb moments.
New clients who often come to me tell me that they feel like they’re drowning or that they think they’re just not cut out for this. Then once we start working together, putting systems in place, there’s always, always an “ah-ha” moment.
And at that moment, a shift occurs. You know exactly what you need to do. Your confidence rises. And the confusion, overwhelm, worry all begin to melt away like a bad, backordered-rabies-vaccine dream.
These are the moments I live for.
LINKS + RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- VISN: https://www.veterinaryisn.com/
- Inventory Ally – Inventory Management Software: https://inventoryally.com/
- Free Resources: www.vetlogic.co/education