TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCASTS | AMAZON MUSIC
In this episode, Nicole discusses why it is critical to have an accurate practice management system to help manage inventory. She gives some examples of how the practice management system can help or hurt your processes.
- Think about managing the “in” versus the “out”.
- If practice management system is accurate then you can use re-order points in the software.
- Adding re-order points can be critical to managing your inventory.
- Re-order points reduce stress and help the process flow smoothly.
- Reports from the practice management system need to be accurate.
- The time spent getting the system accurate will pay for itself in the long term.
- If your practice management system isn’t accurate you will waste a lot of time searching to resolve problems.
- Having incorrect inventory in the system can change the taxes paid.
- If your system is accurate then there is opportunity to automate many processes.
MEET NICOLE CLAUSEN
Hi, I’m Nicole Clausen and I started Veterinary Care Logistics with the dream of changing the way we manage inventory together.
With 14+ years of experience in the veterinary industry, I have worked in several positions from receptionist to operations manager for several different hospitals.
While no two practices are ever just alike, I noticed one common problem: a lack of inventory management and control.
If you are tasked with managing inventory, I understand first-hand the challenges you face.
When I first started managing inventory, I struggled with the same things that many of my client’s experience: a to-do list up my chin and a pretty persistent case of imposter syndrome. But jolting awake in the middle of the night, wondering if you remembered to order rabies vaccines is no way to live.
I knew something had to change.
Veterinary Care Logistics was born out of the demand by several industry leaders to utilize my inventory system as a model throughout the country. Whenever I tell people what I do, I usually get a puzzled reaction: “Why would you want to do that? I hate inventory!” Truthfully, I love the puzzles, the numbers, and the strategies of inventory. But what really sets my soul on fire is creating lightbulb moments.
New clients who often come to me tell me that they feel like they’re drowning or that they think they’re just not cut out for this. Then once we start working together, putting systems in place, there’s always, always an “ah-ha” moment.
And at that moment, a shift occurs. You know exactly what you need to do. Your confidence rises. And the confusion, overwhelm, worry all begin to melt away like a bad, backordered-rabies-vaccine dream.
These are the moments I live for.
LINKS + RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
- VISN: https://www.veterinaryisn.com/
- Inventory Ally – Inventory Management Software: https://inventoryally.com/
- Free Resources: www.vetlogic.co/education